Only lawyers love legalese, so let's keep this simple. This is a list of what data gets collected, why it's collected, and what gets done with it.
In this part of the site, we collect:
- Your IP address and browser type which is collected automatically by the nginx web server.
- Generic session cookies to validate the RaiBlocks account information you enter came from you and not someone with bad intentions for the widget that gets generated for you.
- The information you fill in the fields. That should go without saying, but it doesn't hurt to remind you.
In this part of the site we collect the same kind of data as the donations section, plus:
- Your email address. We will never, ever share this information with anyone unless required by law, nor will we send you unsolicited emails.
- Your encrypted password. We do not know your password. It is not stored in plaintext. We use Devise, the most popular Ruby on Rails authentication gem.